Capitoline Museums Tour
Welcome to the first museum in the world. The Capitoline Museums (plural as it is four buildings on top of one of the famous seven hills of Rome) host a fascinating collection of art and artifacts that narrate the captivating history of Rome.
In 1734, Pope Clement XII decided to make an important collection of works of art and ancient sculptures permanently accessible to the inhabitants of Rome.
With this magnanimous act he created the first museum in the world, which stands on top of one of the seven hills of Rome and dominates the ancient Roman Forum. It is a true blaze of history.
Watch the famous sculpture of the she-wolf with the founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus, and admire this magnificent casket containing the history of Rome, the ancient Caput Mundi.
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Start: Starting time from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Pick Up Location: Capitoline Museums Entrance in Piazza del Campidoglio
- Skip The Line: Included
- Official Tour Guide: Included
- Ticket: Included
- Trasportation: Not Included
- Wheelchair Users: Allowed
- Level of Activity (Day Trip): Medium
- Capitoline Museums
Musei Capitolini, Piazza del Campidoglio, Roma, RM, Italia